Valentine's day is our busiest day of the year. So we thought we would give you the low down on how we handle orders at this crazy time of year. We love playing cupid all around Christchurch ...extra staff helping, phone ringing, drivers collecting their runs, customers selecting their bouquets from the shop and I always have a cold coffee sitting on my bench...but it is great fun!
Here is how our deliveries work on this very busy day:
- Our staff arrive at dawn to wrap off the flowers and check every bunch has a water source to travel in so the flowers arrive as fresh as when they leave the shop. All the bouquets also come with a flower food sachet and info sheet as to what to do with your bouquet to get a long life for your blooms.
- Our team coordinator helps the drivers sort their runs, then they are off with their car full of gifts and surprises!
- If your order is going to a workplace it will be checked in with reception.
- If possible please tell us the floor level the recipient works on and the name of the business.
- Security gates are not our friends. These make it very difficult to leave or raise someone's attention. If your delivery is going to a gated property please supply the phone number of the recipient so we can ring to let them know we are outside.
- If the recipient is not home we will leave the flowers in a safe place out of the sun and out of view of the street. A calling card will be left in the letterbox telling them where the flowers were left and at what time.
Due to the large volume of orders on valentines day, we can not do requests for specific times.
Hope you find this blog helpful. Please feel free to contact our store at 0800-379-1234 if you have any questions.
How much will delivery cost?
Pick up - Free
Local Christchurch Suburbs - $15.00
Outer Christchurch Areas - $18.00
Canterbury Areas - $20.00
South Island - $25.00
North Island & Rest of The World - $28.00
Not sure what to give them for valentines day?
We have put our top picks for valentines day here you can also read about our top 3 picks for valentines day here. Or read Gina's 12 Randomly Romantic Valentines Day Celebration Ideas for Christchurch Locals.