After you receive your bouquet, you can help your fresh flowers last longer by following these simple cut flower care guild lines. We always use the freshest flowers available to fill your bouquet.
Knowing how makes your flowers last longer and will add to your enjoyment of them.
Firstly, make sure your vase is clean and fill with tap water.
- You would have received with your bouquet a sachet of Flower Food.Simple pour all the contents into the vase and stir well until dissolved.
- This flower food is a special mix which will add to the freshness of your flowers.
Secondly, undo the papers which will be around the bouquet.
- You need a sharp pair of cutters to take about 1cm off the bottom of the flowers to re-open the stems which would have closed over during transportation.
- Remove all foilage that will be below the water line as this will rot in the water.
- Avoid smashing the stems as this will destroy the water vessels in the stem and prevent absorption.
Lastly, arrange your flowers into the vase and place in a cool spot in the room.
- Out of direct sunlight and away from fresh fruit (as they give off gas which will shorten the life of the flowers).
- Change the water every 3 days and remove any dead flowers and leaves.
And last but not least - Enjoy them!
Please be sure to leave us a comment so we know you stopped by, and feel free to share this post with any flower enthusiasts.